Czech-Norwegian Research Cooperation
Brno University of Technology (VUT) and the Norwegian Institute for Water Research (NIVA) have initiated a project to improve scientific cooperation between the two institutions within the field of water management.
8th -10th of February, Research Manager Wolfgang Uhl and Senior Research Scientist Pawel Krzeminski from NIVA's section for Systems Engineering and Technology visited the centre for Advanced Materials, Structures and Technologies (AdMaS) at Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic. The visit was a part of the ‘JointWater’ project funded by the EEA/Norway Grants Framework. The project is funded within the Czech-Norwegian Research Programme CZ09 as a part of implementation of the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009-2014.
(from left to right) Petr Hlavinek, Wolfgang Uhl, Pawel Krzeminski and Tomáš Macsek during the tour of AdMas research facility. (Photo: Jakub Racek, VUT).
The NIVA representatives enjoyed a tour around research centre facilities, laboratories, pilot hall with pilot-scale experimental installation for water treatment and solid waste management. Afterwards, a joint meeting was held during which the following was addressed:
- Introduction of both research centres,
- Presentation of selected research projects,
- Research staff and students exchange,
- Identification of potential cooperation areas,
- Identification of joint proposal opportunities.
From the joint meeting at Brno University, Czech Republic. (Photo: NIVA)
- The cooperation between VUT and NIVA is a vital part in the preparation of large international projects in - among others - the Horizon 2020 program, Water JPI, EEA grants and LIFE+, Pawel Krzeminski says.
NIVA will host the Brno team in Norway between 12-15th of March.