Research manager: Section for Catchment Processes
The section for Catchment Processes is engaged in environmental monitoring, experimental research and modelling related to current and emerging water issues. We are now looking for a new research manager.
- Secure, strengthen and develop NIVA’s position within the catchment-oriented water research
- Ensure the development of scientific strategies and implementation of these
- Secure, establish and maintain good acquisition process
- Responsibility for professional development, skills development and innovation in the section
- Responsibility for the division acquisition, customer contact and profiling
- Responsibility for the section's staff, HSE, project management, quality assurance and project profitability
- Have a leading role in research and -application processes
- Set own expertise available in relevant projects
Formal qualifications and experience:
We are looking for a manager with a background in research in environmental issues and with expertise in biogeochemistry, water chemistry or adjacent fields and who can demonstrate a significant amount of publications. The right person has experience with commissioned and industrial research and documented ability to obtain research funding. Also assumed a national and international research networks, as well as thorough knowledge of environmental management, research funding and relevant industry. Very good written and spoken English skills are expected and it is desirable with good written and oral presentation skills in Norwegian, Swedish or Danish.
Application deadline: As soon as possible, and before 30th November 2017