Myanmar’s water challenges and current governance developments to overcome these
Since 2015 Norway and Myanmar has had a joint environment program. In conjunction with an upcoming project meeting in Oslo, NIVA – the Norwegian project lead NIVA and its main Myanmar counterparts Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation and Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation have the pleasure to invite the Norwegian audience to a short breakfast seminar on Myanmar’s water challenges and the ongoing governance developments to overcome these.
Oslo Science Park, room Faros: Gaustadalléen 21, 0349 Oslo.
Når: 06.04.2018 - 06.04.2018, 08.30-10.00
• Norwegian – Myanmar Environmental Program – a brief introduction. Jan Petter Borring, Senior Adviser, Ministry of Climate and Environment Norway
• Myanmar’s main water challenges. U Bo Ni, Director, Watershed Management Division, Forest Department, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation
• Recent developments in Myanmar’s water governance – legislation and organization. Dr. Zaw Lwin Tun, Director Design Branch, Irrigation and Water Utilization Management Department, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation.
• Norwegian – Myanmar project on Integrated Water Resources Management and related institutional development and training. Dr. Ingrid Nesheim, Senior researcher, NIVA
• Questions and discussion.
Registration deadline: April 4th. No fee.