EXPECT logo design competition
Show us your creativity and art skills and be rewarded with 3 magnificent days in the beautiful Svalbard!
All you need to do is to design a winning logo for our project EXPECT.
EXPECT is a research project that will assess the potential environmental risks from the anticipated industrial development in the Arctic, by developing and applying robust methods and approaches that characterize the pollution pathway from the emission to the environment to the display of adverse outcomes in the biota.
- The EXPECT name must be part of the logo
- The logo(s) must be submitted as a portable network graphics (.png) format
- If your logo is the winner, you will be requested to (re)design it using a vector format (.eps) and send it in different formats and sizes, which will be used for different project-related objectives
- If you use existing images in your logo, you must have the rights to use it and distribute it;
- Each participant may submit up to 3 logo ideas for the competition
- Your logo will be exhibited for a referee panel for evaluation
- The competition will run from April 1st to May 31st, 2022
The winner agrees that
- The airline ticket (one person, return ticket) and 3-night hotel stay will be provided by the EXPECT team
- The winner may choose any main airport* in Norway that connects to Svalbard as the departure point. Travel to this airport will not be covered
- The trip must occur within one year of the winner announcement, and the travel dates must be set at least three months in advance
- The flight will be economy class and the hotel will be centrally located in Longyearbyen
- The winner is responsible for assessing and covering tax, insurance or additional costs for the trip
- The winner grants the organizers the right to publicize images, interviews, and any other results of the contest. Proper acknowledgement will be given to the winner for the design
Who can participate?
- Anyone at a minimum age of 18 years old
If the winner is an employee of any of the EXPECT partners Institutes, he/she also agrees that
- The work of creating the logo must be considered as leisure and cannot be registered as working hours
- The trip is considered a holiday, no per diem payment
*Oslo Gardermoen, Stavanger Sola, Bergen Flesland, Trondheim Værnes, Sandefjord Torp, Ålesund, Kristiansand, Haugesund, Tromsø, Bodø, Harstad/Narvik Evenes, Molde, Kristiansund Kvernberget, Kirkenes Høybuktmoen, Alta