WP2: Multi-Actor platforms and case studies
The aim of this work package is to actively use and further develop the Multi-Actor Platforms (MAP) approach with actors at primarily case study level and to some extent at regional and national levels as a base for executing the FAIRWAY project.
Frode Sundnes at NIVA is the WP leader, Cors van Der Brink at Royal Haskoning DHV is WP co-lead.
Core work package tasks:
- Set up a harmonized management and communication structure of the 13 case study sites and their MAPs, to ensure a timely delivery of inputs by the 13 case studies to the different WPs in a uniform way.
- A report has been produced compiling the engagement plans for each case study. The report is not public.
- Facilitate and support the execution of MAPs processes to ensure maximum number of successful execution and deployment in the WPs.
- A workshop on how to establish and nurture MAPs for constructive engagement in water – agriculture conflict related issues was organized during the early phases of the project. Later, this task has involved interaction and follow up with each case study leader.
- Revise and upgrade of Water Safety Plans in several case studies with actively use of
- A report presentingLessons Learned and Recommendations for Water Safety Plans has been produced. The report will become public.
- Further refine and develop approaches for establishing and nurturing well-functioning MAPs concerned with conflicts between drinking/freshwater interests and those represented by the agricultural sector
- A report on advancing MAPs as vehicles for reduced conflict on drinking water pollution from agricultural sector has been produced. The report will become public.