- Integrated Water Resources Management in Myanmar. Water usage and introduction to water quality criteria for lakes and rivers in Myanmar. Preliminary report. NIVA-report 7163-2017.
- Integrated Water Resources Management in Myanmar. Assessing ecological status in Inlay Lake. Preliminary report. NIVA-report 7162-2017.
- Framework notes and recommendations for Integrated Water Resource Management in Myanmar (2016). NIVA-report 7027-2016.
- A proposal for an administrative set up of river basin management in the Sittaung River Basin (2016). NIVA-report 7103-2016.
- Characterization of the Bago Subbasin Pilot implementing the EU Water Framework Directive (2017). NIVA-report 7194-2017
- Environmental objectives and abatement measures for a healthy Bago River, A contribution to the Bago River Sub-basin Management Plan (2018). NIVA-report 7271-2018.
- Bago River Sub-basin Management Plan. NIVA report 7290-2018
- Piloting river basin management in the Bago Sub-basin, experiences and recommendations (2018). NIVA-rapport 7304-2018.
- Conservation of biodiversity and improved management of protected areas in Myanmar. Aquatic macrophytes and phytoplankton in Moeyingyi Reservoir, November 2015. NIVA-report 6975-2016.
- Conservation of biodiversity and improved management of protected areas in Myanmar. Aquatic macrophytes and phytoplankton in Indawgyi Lake. NIVA-report 7253-2018
- Integrated Water Resources Management in Myanmar. Assessing ecological status in Inlay Lake. NIVA-report 7301-2018.
- Ingrid Nesheim, Bente Wathne, Bo Ni and Zaw Lwin Tun (2016). Myanmar: Pilot introducing the National Water Framework Directive, Water Solutions vol. 1 2016 pp. 18-27.
- Ingrid Nesheim, Zaw Lwin Tun, Toe Aung, Hla Oo Nwe (2017). Pilot introducing the river basin management approach in Sittaung River Basin/Myanmar, Water Solutions vol. 3 2017 pp. 81-86.
Policy briefs and news briefs
- News Brief: Integrated Water Resources Management - Institutional building and training. English.
- Policy Brief: The River Basin Management Approach in the Sittaung River Basin
- News Brief: The National Water Quality Laboratory, Nay Pyi Taw
- Norwegian assistance to Myanmar in the field of Integrated Water Resources Management - Institutional Building and Training
- Bago River Sub-basin Management Plan
Publications, reports, policy briefs (in Myanmar language)
- News Brief: Integrated Water Resources Management - Institutional building and training. Myanmar
- Bago Sub-basin Management Plan (in Myanmar language)
Facebook-postings and selected presentations from the project
The Environmental Conservation Department, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation organized on February 14th 2018 in Nay Pyi Taw a seminar with the objective to share knowledge and experience from the Myanmar - Norwegian Cooperation on the Bilateral Environmental Program. The three projects, The Integrated Water Resources Management, Institutional Building and Training (the IWRM project), Conservation of Biodiversity and Improved Management of Protected Areas, and the Management of Hazardous Waste project presented at the seminar. Links to the presentations by the IWRM project can be found below.
- IWRM Project Programme
- Water Lab presentation
- Myanmar Norway Environment Program Seminar February 14th 2018