NIVA is officially approved by both International Maritime Organization (IMO) and United States Coast Guard (USCG) as testing facility for IMO and USCG Type Approval testing of Ballast Water Management Systems (BWMS). With 15 years of extensive testing expertise, we offer multiple services according to IMO and/or USCG testing requirements.
Laboratory or Pilot scale testing:
- IMO basic approval testing according to IMO G9 guidelines
- Proof of concept study with NIVA’s low-pressure or medium pressure UV collimated beams, ozone generator, chlorination or client’s water treatment units according to client’s needs and testing requirements
- Compliance Monitoring Device (CMD) performance verification according to IMO and/or ISO testing requirements
Land-based and Shipboard full scale testing:
- IMO and/or USCG type approval testing of BWMS
- CMD performance verification according to IMO and/or ISO testing requirements
- IMO commissioning test according to IMO requirements
- EPA VGP 2013 test according to US EPA requirements
Don't hesitate to get in touch if you want to know more about what we can offer.